The advantages of a contract with a fixed end date are the following:
- The contract does not have to be terminated, it runs for a limited period of time.
- The contract end date will not be postponed in case of an accident or illness.
The disadvantages of a contract with a fixed end date are the following:
- The continued salary payment takes effect from the 1st day in case of illness or accident.
- The probationary period does not apply in the case of a fixed-term contract.
- No pension fund (BVG) obligation for a fixed term of less than 3 months.